strange days--what is going on?!

S

now that you mention it, i have been experiencing similar stuff. had to apologize to my s.o. for being so grumpy, after we just re-moved in together, which i am actually really enjoying - but somehow i'm just moody and can't get any work done. could be SAD - i like your typo olivia, making it an "effective disorder", well it is really affecting my effectiveness! - but then, probably it is the aliens who changed some ingredients in the atmosphere to see what would happen. don't we just all love being the subjects of alien experiments?

O

Aliens???? or ????? poltergeists!!!???

O

I am now experiencing "footnote rage"...I hate footnotes in the best of times, but these particular footnotes are taking FOREVER!!! and they are as pleasant to do as putting your eye out with a stick.

X

HA! I've just managed to really p*ss my supervisor off. We had a right barney today--probably not the best day to have a sup with him, seeing as we all seem to be experiencing some sort of cosmic indigestion. So, you all are in crappy moods as well? Thank god we're not in the same room together eh? These are my instructions: buy yourselves lots of chocolate, put on your most comfy jim-jams and socks, and barricade yourselves in your bedrooms, creating some sort of fort-like structure from your sheets. If anyone tries to enter, hurl one of your most weighty tomes at them. If that doesn't keep them at bay, hurl them all.

E

Brill--I'd follow your choc lead xeno, but I've already got dodgy tum from the amount I've already consumed today! Yep, I've had rows with two people today, over the most ridiculous of things, I might add. I think we can safely say this is a 'write off' day. I don't even have the energy to watch a film, how pathetic is that?! Olivia, on the astrology thing (Moon in Taurus)-- that would definitely explain alot!

S

I definitely have an effective disorder.

I heard about vinegar - but white vinegar especially which I don't have. I stopped by the vet and they recommend washing with tonic water - apparently the quinine works on the smell. And I've got some bio washing powder that I normally never use for other stuff. They said I should lock them in for a week. They'll just love that.

I just cannot stand this smell aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I can't work with this smell - everything must stop until I have restored odour.

And I have a ton of essays to mark for tomorrow and notes to prepare.

What is a black light???

S

While buying tonic water and washing powder I have got myself some red wine and curry therapy for later.

O

A black light is a certain kind of light bulb, that when shone ( is that a word?) will reveal areas of hidden pet urine. I have no idea where you would buy one of these in the UK. In the US, you could get them at a hardware store ( might a DIY store have them here?) or even in the rough equivalent to a Boots...sometimes they are advertised along with some gunk that you use to clean up the revealed hidden mess...this black light is recommended when you have continuing smell and cannot get rid of the odor. The problem with urine is that it is acidic, and it can eat into your flooring, leaving a permanent odor, unless you treat the flooring itself. So it is best to treat it right away.

O

http://cats.about.com/od/cleaningmesses/tp/blacklight.htm

Has information on black light and products to get rid of pet smell...

O

There is a full moon Tuesday....so what will that portend??!