Strating Soooon....eeep!

M

Stressed, 'limbo' is definitely the word I've been using lately. It's frustrating for me as I've recently realized that durin Ungergrad I got into this habit where I don't really relax at all. I mean I do, but I'd rather be doing work...haha. So end up feeling guilty n such. So these past few days have been a bit kak.

Tricky, it was a lab at the University of Leeds. Are we thinking of the same person? ;-)

Thanks everyone, for your input. I totally wanna know more about this jewelry and death thing....perhaps you could elaborate ruby?
xXx

T

Nah its not the same person lol!

R

I'm looking at the cultural meanings of contemporary mourning and memento mori jewellery, and specifically at the relationship between the designs and wider funerary and bereavement practices. :-)

M

Quote From rubyw:

I'm looking at the cultural meanings of contemporary mourning and memento mori jewellery, and specifically at the relationship between the designs and wider funerary and bereavement practices. :-)

Wow, that's really interesting. Sometimes I wish I was doing a non-scientific subject, especially when I hear titles like that. x

Quote From rubyw:

I had to look all this up on google and I still don't have a clue what you do - jewellery? - surely that is just sparkly fun time! sounds much more interesting than my topic! Although am in a bit of a dip at the mo.

R

======= Date Modified 28 Sep 2008 10:35:04 =======
Thanks Sneaks and MicroGeek, that's very nice of you! :-)

I wouldn't understand any of you scientist's research either, it's another language really, though presumably some ideas would be interesting to other disciplinary audiences as an alternative way of looking at something. That's why I like going to those Summer Science exhibitions sometimes.

MicroGeek, you could always do something slightly different later on if you wanted to, sometimes there's scope for a bit of cross-disciplinary collaboration.

L

Quote From rubyw:

wow that is very cool! how did you come about doing a phd in that subject?

R

Quote From Lara:

wow that is very cool! how did you come about doing a phd in that subject?

I don't know really, a combination of things I guess... Different things I'm interested in just seem to work well with jewellery for some reason, ideas seem to converge quite nicely on these little objects :-)

P

WOOOOOW!!! Ruby!! ur PhD sounds like FUN FUN FUN!!! soooo interesting to do something so culturally related and to be involved in art!!! I really envy u!!!:-x

P

hey!! Microgeek....
Welcome to the world of PhD..... Well I dont know what the general practise is...what I did was to send an e-mail to my Supervisor asking him when and where to meet him and then I methim first...He then introduced me to some people and other profs and told me what is expected of me.... So I just took his lead.... I hope u have a fantastic future.... Gud luck with everything!!!
BuByeee

R

Quote From Pari:

WOOOOOW!!! Ruby!! ur PhD sounds like FUN FUN FUN!!!

It is about death as well as jewellery though, so maybe fun's not quite the word I'd choose :-)

R

MicroGeek - sorry for hijacking your thread btw, must be the non-science novelty value or something.

Best of luck with your own research though (up)