STRESS!

D

Word on the street this week is that my corrections may have been accepted, though awaiting the final confirmation of that. I really hope you all get some resolution too as this is a horrible waiting game.

Ady - I am rooting for you to get your thesis in for the end of September, not long to go! I know how terribly difficult it is to keep motivation going but this is the final stretch. You WILL submit (up)

K

Dunni that sounds like great news! Hope you get the official word. Still nothing here. I am going to have to take regular excursions from my holiday island (which doesn't have internet) to the neighbouring island to hijack someone's free wifi to check my emails while I am away! I just hope that is something does arrive while I am away it will be good news otherwise it could spoil our break a bit. Had a dream last night that my corrections failed, and for every negative comment a miniature dachshund would die. There were also a lot of large blue gym balls. The mind is a strange thing (especially mine).

P

======= Date Modified 15 Sep 2011 14:39:16 =======
Hi Kikuka,

I'm in the same boat as you, although I'm right at the beginning in terms of tackling my thesis corrections for a revise and resubmit. I've got until August 2012 to make all the corrections, but I'm not going to leave it until then- NO WAY! I want this done and dusted asap. I was also told at my viva that I would not need to go through a second viva.

I've got nothing more to add, but I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your experiences. I also wanted to reassure you that you're definitely not alone- I'm in the same boat! It feels like I'm the only one to receive a revise and resubmit as everyone else seems to have passed either with no corrections or with minor corrections and now working within post doc positions, so I'm starting to feel like I've failed :(

Hang in there Kikuka. I hope they put you out of your misery sooner rather than later. So envious of you going away on holiday right now! Feel free to send any PMs if you want to vent about revise and resubmit xxx Best of luck

P

Hi Kikuka,

I'm in the same boat as you, although I'm right at the beginning in term of tackling my thesis corrections for a revise and resubmit. I've got until August 2012 to make all the corrections, but I'm not going to leave it until then- NO WAY! I want this done and dusted asap. I was also told at my viva that I would not need to go through a second viva.

I've got nothing more to add, but I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your experiences. I also wanted to reassure you that you're definitely not alone- I'm in the same boat! It feels like I'm the only one to receive a revise and resubmit as everyone else seems to have passed either with no corrections or with minor corrections and now working within post doc positions, so I'm starting to feel like I've failed :(

Hang in there Kikuka. I hope they put you out of your misery sooner rather than later. So envious of you going away on holiday right now! Feel free to send any PMs if you want to vent about revise and resubmit xxx Best of luck
d!

K

Thanks Pineapple. Keep going, you will get there. I had until january 2013 to do mine as I am P/T - can you imagine?

I am now convicned that they have assessed my corrections and they are not good enough, but they have not let me know so it doesn't spoil my holiday!

M

Hi Kikuka,

No, you are not being ridiculous. And you are not alone in this thing. I am also in the same boat as you are. I have submitted my corrections (which were officially minor but the internal was insisting they were major even though they were mostly just editorial things) and now I keep imagining that my internal is reading them and trying to find mistakes in them . . . (feels quite awful as she was the one who made the most issues in the viva without reason. . . even though, like yourself I feel I have addressed all of the comments and suggestions ). I am trying to get a grip on myself but it can be hard. Today, I had to force myself to go out and went to gym, got myself totally exhausted by working out. It did help me. Maybe it will help you too. Listen, don't be hard on yourself. You did your best. Now, just relax and do something fun. (This is exactly what I keep telling myself when I feel my nerves getting to myself and I keep thinking of the thesis, viva . .etc. ) Remember maybe it is just that the examiners started teaching etc. and so got busy (after they had too much spare time for themselves in Summer . . .)

Cheers(up)

K

I just had an email telling me to expect my results at the end of next week! EEK!
I will be on holiday, so this will either mean a big celebration or a ruined holiday!
The email also asked me to email back with a statement to say I had addressed all the typos and presentation issues which I have done. I logged all the bigger changes on a table but didn't put the typos in as there were too many.
Dop you think this is a bad sign?

P

Best of luck Kikuka!!!

I'm following your posts with great interest (hoping to be in your shoes in a few months time). At least you know that you will receive an answer sooner rather than later.....Good luck!!! xxxx
(gift)

M

Hey there,

Hmmm looking at what you have said about the email, I personally think they are hopefully going to pass you. If you notice they asked you for that statement. It appears to me that they were simply sleeping and now want a checklist just so they can quickly get it over with.

Best of luck and keep us all posted.

L

Good luck! Keeping my fingers crossed for you - I agree with Mak, it sounds good! And enjoy your holiday - you deserve it!!!

P

Best of luck Kikuka!!! I'm thinking of you! :) x

K

I did it! I got an email yesterday from my examiners saying that my corrections were excellent and short of a few typos I can just get on with binding! They have already written the report recommending I get the PhD! I am so relieved, am on holiday too so now can really relax!

D

Well done Kikuka! I am so pleased that you have been awarded your PhD, fabulous :-) Looks like you and I are both able to move on and get the final binding done, woohoo! Enjoy your holiday, I am very envious (up)

A

Well done Dr. Kikuka, great news - enjoy the rest of your holiday :-)

P

======= Date Modified 23 Sep 2011 09:29:29 =======
Congratulations Dr. Kikuka!! You have officially become my inspiration and shown that a PhD is obtainable after a resubmission :) I really hope to be in your shoes someday. Hope you have a lovely holiday. Wow, what great news to receive whilst on holiday!!! x