Submisssion? Viva?

J

Hi all,

I think this forum is amazing and what i really need these days.
I am doing my final revisions before submission.
My supervisor is a busy one he has read every single chapter twice and I wanted from him to read the whole thing but he said he was busy and would slow me down. He also said "we will let examiners to decide on the final revisions since hard we do examiners would find some revisions". This worried me a bit. But given that he said he was satisfied with my work and his last comments were little, it relieved me a bit.

I decided I submit within three weeks and the whole idea is really scaring me. Sometimes I feel my work is really good and sometime I feel it is rubbish :(

T

Hi Jateet

I think your nerves are pretty standard for this stage, everyone doubts their work when it comes to handing in. If your supervisor is happy (and he surely cares because this reflects on him too) then it's probably fine :)

Well done for getting this far!

S

Hi Jateet,

I submitted at the end of September at the last possible minute. I could have submitted before but just couldn't let it go despite my supervisor saying it was ready. It's natural to have doubts, and because you are so close to it, you might have trouble seeing it's overall quality. Trust your supervisor, he is experienced and would not let you submit anything that was sub-standard ! I am sure your work is good, people are often their own most harshest critics - I know I always am. Go ahead and submit...it will feel so good honest !

J

Hi Teek

Thanx for ur reply and making me feel a bit better.

Scienceurchin
Good luck with ur viva and we will look forward to hear the good news soon

I will keep u updated through this post until that day come
the nerves increases day after day. I do not know my examiners yet. My supervisor is busy and i hope he appoints them very soon.

J

I have submitted one week ago
I am all nervous! i do not know yet my examiners
my supervisor is very very busy
Xmas is coming which may slow things down !!