submitted at last - can't quite believe it though

F

I finally managed to submit my PhD on Monday and can't quite get ny head around it. Is this normal? I am really pleased, and pulled out all the stops to do it, but I can't quite accept that it is finally in. All very odd, I thought I would be ecstatic!!! Maybe it is just the tiredness catching up with me!

B

Well done you!!!

If you don't mind me asking, what area was your PhD in? Did you manage to complete in 3 years?

P

Congratulations, fluffymonster! Well done you. Now tell us what you have been doing to celebrate since Monday.

F

Thanks, I don't mind at all. Mine was in psychology. I completed in 3 3/4 but was part time officially. It is confusing as I worked at the Uni as a full time research assistant for the first 3 years. There was a good overlap between my job and PhD. For the last six months I have taken a teaching position and chose to be only part time (in my job), so that I could finish off.

Celebration wise, lots! I was 30 yesterday and have been celebrating that also. I was adamant I would submit in my 20's, I managed it with 8 hours to go!!! Lots of late nights and working through in the last week. I am still off work today and am pampering myself this week with a Spa thing and weekend away too. All a bit crazy!

Thanks for the congratulations. You are all lovely and have been really supportive.

A

Yay! congrats fluffymonster

J

congratulations fluffy!

F

Cheers. I think I don't want to get too excited until the viva is over!!!

D

congrats fluffy monster! Well done you!

T

Hope you enjoy your few days off!!!

K

That's great, Fluffy! well done for getting this far, it really is a great achievement

PS - My PhD was in psychology too!

P

very well done. xx

D

congratulations...gives me goosebumps to think of doing it myself (a long way in the future) Also Happy birthday in arrears!!!!!

C

Congratulations!!!!! Enjoy your Spa Day!

I

An inspiration - well done

Congratulations fluffymonster