Suddenly loads of work!

P

I have just started my second year and I think I managed to get quite a bit done in the first year, considering I had a lot of personal trauma to cope with. I did a lot of reading and collected a lot of data which involved travelling round the country.
But now I suddenly seem to have loads and loads of things to do. Maybe it's because I actually have an idea of what I am doing so am working on specifics rather than general things I might have been doing last year. I know the second and third years are tougher but just wondered how anyone else in second year (or third)is dealing with it.

S

pamw, what kind of "work" is it? i am also in my second year and have been finding that between teaching, marking essays, preparing presentations for conferences, a little money-making job, and working on diverse research projects/interests, i find practically no time at all to actually proceed with my PhD project.

but now my funding has arrived, my money-job is finished, the teaching is finished this week, and some other things are coming to an end, to - i am sooo happy and so looking forward to being able to concentrate on my PhD again!

S

Yes - I'm in my final year and now that I actually have my data the work pressure has exploded. It's quite a shock to the system.

Shani - I spent A LOT of my second year teaching and alas - I'm spending too much of this year doing that too (not really by choice). It really eats up your time.