Summer school/research workshop opportunities

Y

Dear colleagues,

I am a 2nd year PhD student in the Department of Biomaterials in Max-Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces in Berlin, Germany. I am working with titania scaffolds for tissue regeneration. I am also involved in the Graduate School of Regenerative Therapies in the main hospital in Berlin.
I thought about trying to find an opportunity to take part in a 2-3-week summer school/research workshop abroad. However, all summer schools in biomaterials and biomedical science that I have found till now are actually for undergraduate students. Is there anything for PhD students and how can I find such programs? For all courses that I take part in during the Summer school, I will anyway get the necessary credits for my graduate school in Berlin, and simultaneously will experience smth new in another country.

In case you have any ideas concerning my question, I will be happy to know your opinion.

Best wishes
Yulia

R

Hi, unluckily, you missed out on the PACT summer school, which was last week. It was in the beginning planned only for phd/postgrad students but due to low interest it was extended to master students, too. It was mainly about stem cells/tissue engineering.

I am pretty sure there will be a winter school, too.

Alternatively, if you are interested in microscopy, there will be a summer school next year in austria about high end microscopy (including raman microscopy), too!