supervison crisis-Confused

M

Dear forumers,
the last time I wrote about my supervisors it was when they requested that I go back to the field to collect more data. The timing was so bad not only because I had analysed the data collected with their approval but also because my hopes of graduating last year were shattered. The suggestion that I should collect more data came from the secondary supervisor which I agreed was an effort made to strengthen the thesis. During this process, the primary supervisor after enormous delays did not come up with any thing new than to agree with the other supervisors.

After collecting and integrating the new data, it is 6 weeks since I forwarded the revised copy of the thesis to both supervisors. The secondary supervisor gave me feedback just after four days. In his feed back he commended my efforts and suggested a stastiscian would tie up some loose ends he noticed but said that would be after the other supervisor's feedback. In the same feedback which he copied the other supervisor he suggested that they should appoint examiners for the thesis. A week after the secondary supervisor's feedback I contacted the other supervisor only for he to say he would get back to me. Its now three weeks and he has said nothing.

I wrote to the secondary supervisor yesterday about my confusion and he asked me to come and see him with an updated copy. Right now I do not know what is going on nor what to expect.

any suggests

D

I am not sure I can help, only sympathise. My final draft is with my sups, one read it in three days and the other two are ?reading?........I have no idea when they will be done with it as they have had it now for three weeks. It is awful waiting to see what further work may need to be done but I know theses take time to read. Hopefully as your secondary supervisor is pleased with the revisions your other supervisor will be too. The delay may just be that they haven't actually read it yet!

M

======= Date Modified 23 Feb 2011 06:09:29 =======
======= Date Modified 23 Feb 2011 06:08:54 =======
@ Dunni73, thanks for the sympathy. I just have to wait