Supervisor as second author?

M

Hmmm...

This is a very interesting thread & I can see where everyone's coming from regarding support & training. I put my supervisor as 2nd author on my first paper, stating 'with' as opposed to 'and'.

What happens if you feel you have something new in your paper, e.g. Mog's Model of Muddled Meanderings? If you add a second author wouldn't that become Mog & Blog's Model of etc. etc?

I don't think I understand the conventions yet! Mog - minus any kind of model to my (pseudo)name! ;-)

P

Quote From DrJeckyll:

Hi Chococake,

I always put both my supervisors regardless their contribution. I am in the sciences and I put my first supervisor as the last author, which is a way to show who is the boss:)
Generally, I receive a lot of support from them, and I feel that putting their names is the least I can do to acknowledge it.

Yep, agree with the above- and it's exactly what I do. I've published 3 papers, and both sups on the paper regardless of contribution.
My first sup who is a prof goes last, the other who is a phd oes second, and she almost always contributes more than the prof.