Supervisors and Gp's

D

Is there some kind of shared desire to frustrate patients/tutees! Had the draft of my chapter back with comments on from my supervisor and sat down this morning quite happily to go about the alterations. Problem, looks like a paralytic spider crawled over the page, it's taking me 5 minutes to deciphere his hand writing! On the one hand it's good training for my paleography skills, but on the other it's bloody frustrating. Really appreciate him taking the time to comment but next time a typed verion would be good I think :-)

T

There's a rumour in our department that one guy gives essays to his 5 year old kid to keep her occupied...

D

hmmm that could be an explanation...maybe my supervisor gave it to his toddler!

T

this is apt lol...

http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive.php?comicid=808

D

Lol ....I love it
I think I may have worked out what one of his comments is now, but some of the others remain a mystery!

F

I think you have hit something here, I too have the GP type scrawl across chapters. To be honest, I try to remember all of the verbal comments as I have given up with actually reading any! This usually means a quick typing session after any supervision.

A

That is soooo true! spent this afternoon trying to read comments prior to supervision and gave up in the end. BOTH sups have illegible scrawl.

Do you think the writing implement is significant? one uses green biro and the other pencil. I suspect the green biro is an indication of political affiliation, but not sure about the pencil. an indecisive personality perhaps?

D

Problem is mine speaks really quickly, so difficult to catch what he says in the session. Foolishly thought 'its ok I'll read the comments on the draft', then got faced with the GP scrawl Still trying to work it out today...arrghh!