Supervisors edit of work

P

Hiya, does anyone else feel bad when a supervisor completely edits your work?? I've just handed in a sample recruitment letter only to have most of it edited and re written :( Feel a bit deflated! Ok, I've only written a few of these letters, but only for student projects, not for big PhD letters!

S

mine usually rewrites the whole thing and tells me what rubbish i have written and i feel soooo small..!

P

wow thats harsh :(

S

he does it with everyone thought so i try not to take it personally! i figure i must have an Ok grip on english to have got this far surely!

J

actually, i love it when my supervisor edits my work. it shows that they are interested in making it work - to say the least. i hate it when they don't give constructive comments i.e. it's not good - and no mention of how it could be improved.

P

My Prof. just about re-wrote my proposal and at first I was a bit offended but after reading it through a few times and understanding it was focussed on obtaining funding as well, I just swallowed it. I know he is way more experienced and I am his only PhD student so he is very eager, interested and keen so I just say say 'Yes Prof.' at the moment...