Tables from Word into PowerPoint?

V

Are any Power Point Gurus' out here?:))) How to copy tables from Word to Power Point presentation? simply Copy-paste doesnt work- it copies the context of a table but not whole table;(((((((

C

it works if you transfer the table into 'paint' or 'draw' (or whatever they call the art package)and then copy and paste from their. It does tend to make the font look a little blurred, so someone else may have a better way, but that's waht i do.

S

hm... i usually do my tables in excel, copy-pasting from there to powerpoint works fine. there must be an easier way though.

C

I've just looked at my post and realised i used their instead of there! cannot believe I've been that illiterate!

S

try this:

-copy the table in word (ctrl-c)
- in powerpoint, don't simply click insert or ctrl-v, but rather go throught the menu: grumble my pp at home is in german and I can't for the life of me remember what the thing is called in english - it's the second menu-item from the left, anyway, just after "file"
- then you will find, somewhere near the item "insert" in that menu, a similar item, which will be called something like "insert contents"
- in the menu that opens up, choose "insert microsoft office word document"
this should work, and i believe has the added advantage that the word-document and the powerpoint are then linked, so that if you later change something in the word table, it is automatically also changed in powerpoint.

V

shani- brilliant it worked and perfectly!!! You saved my day! Thank you others for support as well!

V

Ups, but I cant see the half of my table in PP:((( Adjusting sides doesnt work...