teacher training or masters first?

A

Having done some work experience after graduating I seem to have discovereds that office work is not for me and the only job I can envision myself in is teaching. However I'm not sure that I'm ready to dive straight into a fast-track to a job and would really love just to study some more. Is it stupid to do a masters when I know I'm just going to do a PGCE afterwards???

T

One thing to consider is the extra debt. At my institution masters courses are just a way to milk the (usually international) cash cow, also having known people on masters courses I'm not confident that the quality of teaching is worth the money paid out.

If you're sure you want to do a PGCE and become a teacher... why waste time, you should get signed up right away! I've so many friends who became teachers and not one of them dislikes it. It's hard graft but rewarding is the general gist that I get. Most universities offer a PGCE as a masters now too!

A

thanks, it does seem wasteful to get into more debt just so i can have another year of being a student. no idea how to start sorting out which course to go for now, there doesn't seem to be much decisive information on which uni's run good PGCE programs. more decisions!!