THE BEST UNIVERSITY FOR MS.c and PhD in Clinical Psychology

B

Hello Guys! I graduated from the University of Crete,Dpt Psychology and I' am looking for postgraduate studies in Psychology.

I want to be a Clinical Psychology ,so I need to finish a master and then to continue for a PhD. Do you know which are the best universities for Clinical Psychology programs?

Please, pay attention, I am not looking for PsyID programs. My aspiration is to do a master and then a PhD in Clinical Psychology. Furthermore, I would like to obtain a strong clinical practical experience in Mental health care units in the U.K. during my studies, since I want to be a practitioner psychologist not an academic professor.

I have found two masters where I can both have some practical experience and continue to a PhD level:
Swansea University-MS.c in Abnormal and Clinical Psychology
Bangor University-MS.c Foundation in Clinical Psychology
Cardiff University-MS.c in Psychiatry(accept students who graduated from psychology dpt)

PLEASE, HELP ME IF YOU KNOW SOME INFORMATION ABOUT THE ABOVE UNIVERSITIES
or I would appreciated if you can suggests me other universities!!!!!

Man thanks of anticipation of your kind assistant

Bill
Greece!!:-)
e-mail: [email protected]

B

I think you need to do some research about clinical psychology in Britain. There are no PhD/MSc courses that allow you to practice as a clinical psychologist. You have to do a DClinPsy or Psych D to be eligible to qualify. Those MScs are taught courses but do not make you qualified to do anything in clinical practice.

You have to have a recognised UK psychology degree, and lots of work experience. Its very, very hard to get onto a course (my ex girlfriend took years and she had a first class degree a masters and 4 years of working as an assistant psychologist and it was uphill all the way). To be honest, I am not even sure if they even accept foreign applicants who aren't UK residents.

A

Ditto Badhaircut. You need to go to the leeds clearing house website for more information.

I have friends who did the MSc at Bangor and none of them have gotten onto the DClinPsy course yet.

Good luck

A