The letters after your name bit

L

Sorry if this has been covered before - I am doing the titles pages for my thesis and wonder what order and which letters after my name should be included.

I have a B.Sc, a PGCE and an MA - should it be:
My name B.Sc, PGCE, MA (order in which I completed them)
My name B.Sc, MA, PGCE (most important first..?)
My name B.Sc, MA (leave out PGCE as it is not a degree, strictly speaking - though is a relevant qualification in terms of my thesis).

THanks.

S

Hi Louisa

I think it's chronological - or that's how I think I'll do it eg B. Arts, M. Arts, PhD etc (altho that's not me!). So, yes, your 2nd option.

Cheers

R

Yeah, looking at lecturers profiles, that seems to be how they do it, so second option!

B

======= Date Modified 08 Jan 2010 13:50:30 =======
I'm not including my degrees at all on the titles page. Is that normal to do? It doesn't seem to be in my discipline.

C

Same here, Bilbo :-)

L

Thanks for your replies - chronological then.

I am only including a list of degrees because the regulations for my uni say to do so - normally I wouldn't. BilboBaggins and Claudia maybe check the regulations for your uni?

B

Quote From louisa:

I am only including a list of degrees because the regulations for my uni say to do so - normally I wouldn't. BilboBaggins and Claudia maybe check the regulations for your uni?

I recently checked the regulations when I prepared my final draft (I'm submitting in just a couple of months time). No list of degrees to be included in my case.

R

No requirement from my uni to list letters after names on the thesis title page either. It never occurred to me that it might be a possibility anyway, my name was enough.