The nocturnal workers' thread

T

Happy Birthday Bilbo! Hope the pressies are making you smile and dream sweetly :-)

And well done Algae and Wally, sounds like good progress to me. I'm going to try and do some more simple stuff tonight, but then head to bed at a vaguely civilised hour (apart form anything the hubby has hinted that my 5am appearances in bed are not exactly enhancing his sleep either :$ )

Choo choooooooo

W

Eurrgh, rest time now. Another day at the grindstone awaits in several hours.

W

'Choo choo', sounds the Midnight Train,
'Urgh, not again' cries my brain,
'All aboard' calls the conductor,
And off we go again, to a town called Mind Asunder.

Will the train be empty,
Or will the carriages be filled aplenty,
Who else will be travelling this late at night?
Trying to work and stay awake with all their might?

S

I'm aboard... 24 hrs to get the dissertation in, is it time to panic yet.... maybe in 3 hrs it will be.

T

Teek also has joined the train
Settled in a threadbare seat
And Wally, ah, I feel your pain
As on the express we meet

How I long for those "early nights"
Ten pm and a-slumber!
But my thesis deadline grips me tight
Maintains 2am is just a number

So stoke the fire and wake the driver
Search out a socket for my Dell
Add more coffee to make me livelier
Re-enter the nightly, living hell

B

How creative! Let me join in:

The fire stoked, the driver woken,
Hours of work await.
With deadlines that cannot be broken,
Sleep won't come 'til late.

As tiredness begins to irk,
In bed I should be tucked.
But I must work and work and work,
Or else I shall be...

T

Teehee!

Ah, that gave me a much needed chortle Bleebles :-)

I can't say I've achieved a mammoth amount tonight, but I have done some. I really need to crack on but nausea and blurred vision say it's time to call it quits for tonight. Good luck anyone who's still plugging away.

W

I've done no work,
Instead I watched The Last Exorcism,
That'll teach me to shirk,
Because the film lacked entertaining rhythm.

I believe I've learnt a lesson,
I should just do my work,
The longer I delay my mission,
The more I'll go berserk.

The film wasn't that good anyway,
Some girl got possessed and went mad,
I shouldn't use films as a getaway,
And now I type, feeling guilty and bad.

But tomorrow is another day,
I'm going to do lots of work,
But then that's what I always say,
Another day, another day, it's just my way.

T

Oh Wally, it sounds like me. All I want to do is sleep, today has involved pointless meetings (work), painful meetings (personal) and now all that precious time is gone and I feel shattered. I know I need to crack on, I promised myself this chapter would be finished by now and yet I continue to wander blindly in my fog of nauseous procrastination. Today feels a bit rubbish really :-(

Still, moping won't get chapter five finished. I'm going to trade myself this cup of tea for filling in some gaps.

C

Here I am writing a presentation to give tmrw morning at a conference, my first as a Dr. Oh dear, so unprofessional! :(

T

Not at all Chrisrolinski, when else would a busy professional have time?!
Although it does seem a bit harsh that your conference is on a weekend, aren't they meant to be perk days away from the office?

T

Bleuch. 5am and although odd, I feel rather motivated and clear-headed. But if I don't go back to ebd for a bit tomorrow will be a mess. So off I go. Night all.

C

Finally finished the conference presentation. Now off to shower and shave and dress - then catch train. Happy days. Good luck Teek - get some rest

B

Quote From chrisrolinski:

Finally finished the conference presentation. Now off to shower and shave and dress - then catch train. Happy days. Good luck Teek - get some rest

Oh my! Did you sleep at all?! I hope it went well. I couldn't imagine attempting to present competently on no sleep.

A

Sooooo...anyone about tonight?! I was up last night but internet was down so I was all alonesome, but I'm online tonight! Also had some wine, as my parent had my uncle and someone else round for dinner, ate rather too much and talked WAAAY too much, but much crack on with some work tonight - references I think, given the wine! Was a very enlightening I think, not sure I ever want to get married now... :)