The One Goal Thread

C

Goal for todayis to finish and print my poster so I can go home at a reasonable time to wash and pack (and finishi in enough time to hang out with my boyf for a bit) for going to a conference tommorrow.

A

I set my self too many goals today.. i'm still batlling through goal one lol. I'm gonna make my self some tea (especially if your gonna have a cappocino sneaks).. and the chocolate sounds good too ... mmmm

well I've done one of my analyses, I'm feeling quite sluggish today, must be the weather. Sup has told me I don't need to do anything on my paper we are publishing. She is finishing it off.

I'm in two minds with this.she has rearranged a lot of my writing and made it a lot better so in one way I'm thinking YAY, its really good, it will get published and she says I can use this version for my thesis YAY! But my other side thinks, I wish I could have written it like that, I hope she isn't doing it because she has got bored of all the crap versions I've sent her! And generally I feel dissatisfied with the whole thing, because although I provided all the original writing, structure, info etc. it wasn't actually me who made it look like it does now, and made it flow well etc. :-(

A

Dont be upset sneaks.. the main thing you get a publication. They have more experience than us, my sup kept changing my abstract (nevermind a whole article lol)..

I guess I feel a little like a fraud, like its not *really* my work :-(

A

It is your work, you wrote it, didnt she keep the same findings and outcomes? she just made it sound better or easier to read. Now you know her style, next time she wont have as many changes ;). I know how you feel. The same thing happened with me. But just smile :-)

ah yes actually she made no changes to method, findings and just added a paragraph to the discussion. The intro, she has just rearranged really. I guess I'll wait for the finished version! (mind you its 3000 words over what it should be, so maybe all her stuff will get cut out :p )

A

lol yes exactly.. well i have been sending questions via email to my supervisor every 2 minutes. When he opens his inbox he is gonna go balistic lol... But i couldnt help my self.

I have done 2/4 analyses. Think I might do another, as I deliberately chose short ones this morning :$

K

Not a helpful post:

Every time I see this thread I get that awful U2 song in my head.

*One love/ One life....'

W

Yes, I know what you mean keep-calm...Bono in his scruffy leather jacket (that I'll bet smells like a smoky pub), middle aged paunch spilling over his belt and tight leather pants from TK MAXX...nooOOOOOOOOOOO!

A

Keep-calm thats really funny. Its probably because we are all working together lol.
I am still doing goal one. I didt think it would take this long. I guess i was wrong

Well done everyone - keep it up (up)

I had an ok day yesterday - made some progress - not all positive - I realised that I had been mis-interpreting some parts of a document I have been following for my experiments so that means even more equipment is needed :-( Still though, better to realise it now than later.

Today I haven't made it into the office yet :-( So I am going to have a cup of tea and some chocolate and then be in the office 2-10pm hopefully!! Please God let me be able to focus later and not panic :$

A

Right!!.. well i have decided to scrap my list of goals that i done earlier. I cant complete goal one at the moment because i need a reply from my supervisor. So instead i'm gonna edit chapter 4 after lunch, and i wont set any other goal untill i do this one.

Well done Ev! (up)

i haven't got anything done since finishing the 2nd analysis, so will have lunch and then see what I think!