The One Goal Thread

D

Same goal, different day :-s Prodective day though, just not what I'd planned on doing.
So easy to get side tracked doing more appealing work......
Well done to all who did what they said, yhink thats what I need to aspire to!

A

ok! todays goal, to finish the SPE method of my chapter, and hopefully that's most of it done! I have exactly 1 hour 20 to do this!!

Y'alright my luvvers? (sorry my west countryness comes out in the morning)

I didn't get that last one done yesterday, because I erm got lazy. But I don't want to dwell on negatives!

I want to do 5 interviews today - its a bit of a long shot, but if I can get it done I will be super pleased. Rather than use mytomatoes I am going to give myself a break every 15 sentences - it takes about 2 mins to code each sentence.

Ready, Steady GO!

Today, my first goal is to finish writing the section of my literature review that I planned out last night. My second goal is to get as far into the following section as I can, and if I'm super quick, finish that section too. Torn between trying to be realistic about what I can achieve and seeing my deadline of next Tuesday come racing at me way too fast!

1 down, 4 to go.

*wanders off to find croissants*

I'm aiming to drag myself into the office for 4 hours today - I know it sounds measly but I'm finding it really difficult to leave the house lately. As a result work is suffering alot.
Anyway goal 1. make it to the office

T

I know how you feel Ev, if you're struggling to get in then being there for 4 hours is actually good going. Just be gentle with yourself, that way it's not too hard an experience and it'll be easier to go back the next time.

A

Hear hear Teek! Sometimes even the thought of the office means an entire day of impending work and the doom sets in before I've even left the house! So good luck Ev!

My goal has shifted today as I remembered yet another thing that I'd forgotten to include so I had to do that first! I have started my SPE section but there's no hope of getting it done today as I have 5 minutes to pack before I leave for the weekend! How I love deadlines!
I'm signing off now, so good luck everyone and get get those goals! we can do it, and imbibe in chocolate, wine, tea, coffee and bad music (Wally, Ah-HA, I'll say no more...) as much as necessary to get this done! Happy Friday!

B

I managed to meet my goal yesterday of getting started...Today - try to finish as much as possible of the introduction section to my data chapter. Good luck everyone with their goals for today. Here's to lots of tomatoes!

2/5 done! 3 to go, although after lunch (turkey)

thanks Teek and Algae.

Although it sounds pathetic - goal 1 achieved - made it to the office

Now for goal 2 find out if I really do need to include 2 extra measurements in the experiment

urgh had a really long lunch break and have eaten a load of stodgy pasta because there's nothing else in the house. Gone out for a long dog walk to burn it off (and because she pawed me until I gave in).

Now I have 3 analyses to do by tonight :-(

The pepsi max has been opened!

Mmm, pepsi max, that sounds good. Maybe what I need is caffeine?

Achieved goal one. Yay! Still terrified by just how much I have left to do before Tuesday. Goal 2, write the next section of my literature review. Maybe I'll go to the shop for chocolate and caffeine supplies first though.

Ok I've completed 3/5 But I'm starting to get sloppy with it and am making mistakes. I'm going to stop for today. I MIGHT try and start another tonight after an hour or two away from it - probably depends on whether hubs finds football/cricket on tv :-s

Gah, I've hit a wall now, just can't do any more. Not helped by texts from my other half reporting that the pub beer garden is lovely and sunny and there's a pint waiting for me when I want it! I haven't quite hit goal 2 but I've achieved a lot and the end is finally in sight, so maybe I will allow myself to retire to the pub and start fresh tomorrow! (Why do I feel like I have to justify this??)