THE Question of Life

S

Does drinking in the office while trying to work on a Saturday night help or hinder matters?

This is my research question and damnit, I'm doing the fieldwork right now. So far, results are good. 8-)

S

Four tomoatoes and two beers down....things are going well.

I'm starting to notice that my wordcount isn't going up, but things are getting a lot more to the point. Maybe drinking = editing mode.

N

I've never tried working while drinking, but well done for being in the office on a Saturday night! I was meant to be working but haven't done that much unfortunately, I seem to be tired all the time at the moment. And I have be up for work early tomorrow morning so should get an early night.

I'm surprised that you're able to get into your uni offices at this time at the weekend, or are you in an office somewhere else?

S

Nah, uni offices. They lock the main doors after 5 on weekdays but we can get in anytime and stay here as long as we like. Really quite nice when you can't be bothered to go home to sleep.

Anyhow, new announcement, JSTOR has just now changed the format of its site. I just opened a JSTOR page that had the new format and refreshed a two hour old one that, magically, changed to the new format!

I say it looks too modern.