The secret you`ve long been waiting for ...

D

The secret ingredient of my fab vegan chocolate cheesecake is ...

VEGAN CREAM CHEESE! Happy Chirstmas everyone, love Wickid xx

D

And for the full recipe:

Digestive biscuits (make sure they`re vegan!)
Vegan margarine

Green and blacks chocolate (150 g) - whatever flavour you prefer - just check its vegan!
Soya milk - 5 fl oz
VEGAN CREAM CHEESE - one pot, about 150 g
vanilla essence 1tsp
sugar 2 -3 oz depending on how sweet you like it

Make biscuit base as per usual and set in the fridge. Melt the chocolate, put with all the other ingredients in a liquidiser and blend thoroughly. Pour on top of the base and refridgerate for several hours.

Then eat . YUM!!

A

Hey, I guessed that on the 16th October!! ;o)

(http://www.postgraduateforum.com/showmessage.asp?thread=687&cat=4&threadpage=1&newview=1)

Thanks for the recipe Wickid, not sure will be able to eat it over Christmas with all the choc, cake and mince pies about but certainly a recipe for next year! :oD

J

where can I buy vegan cream cheese?

D

I think almost all health food shops sell it. Happy cooking!

S

All you vegans/veggies - did you stop eating meat and animal products over a period of time or was it an instant decision? Were any of you brought up vegetarian? Any 'opposition' from your families? I guess it's easier when you're not living at home...

J

i was brought up veggie. My mum went veggie when she was about 13. I was taught that eating meat is wrong and I truely believe that.

H

It's actually against my religion to eat meat (hindiusm-although many still eat meat and only avoid beef). However I grew up eating meat (again no beef) and stopped when I was 13 (encouraged by mum but not forced). I made the decision as I no longer felt comfortable eating animal parts as well as religious reasons.

However I could never become vegan, milk is a big part of my religion hence why the cow is sacred to us (you can go to jail for running over a cow in india - they have full reign of the road :-) )

D

Thanks I shall look forward to making it too!

A

Has anyone actually made this yet?

D

I`m sure everyone on this site made it! Apart from me ...

I wanted to make it for my Quebecois friends over Christmas, but they dont seem to sell vegan cream cheese here, but will soon be going home to vegan-friendly Britain though

J

I once made non vegan cheese cake and I couldn't eat it coz having made it myself I really associated it with cheese and it made me feel ill. So I will never attempt a cheese cake again vegan or otherwise!

H

Do you think it would taste nice with bananas instead of choc? I'm not supposed to be eating choc :(

D

Yeah, or maybe lemon

A

Mmmmmmm....lemon cheesecake