the world seems against you when....

Y

Hi guys,
Am having a serious amount of trouble to keep motivated at the minute. Everything goes against me. How hard does this sound to you: grow cells for two weeks without antibiotic, harvest , send to company to be tested so I can move to a clean uninfected lab. Only my cell lab is a playground for infection with an ineffective cell tech who should have been replaced years ago. On the other hand my chemicals go missing - I've had this rant before despite multiple Do NOT borrow notices on them and locking them away. Plus the last of the monomer I use is running out and the company we order from says it could be a few months til we get anymore- so after my last 3g have gone , I'll be sat with nothing to do! This is a typical life for the last few months- am at the end of my patience. HELP!

T

I have come to the conclusion that a Phd is 60% waiting around for somebody to email you back, or trying to get an experimental setup to work, or trying to get your computer to recognise your USB stick, or just your mouse, if your computer turns on at all, or wondering why the software license has expired, or spending months on a programming protocol because there is a / or a . in the wrong place, or waiting for people to come back from holiday (lucky them), or repeating something because the lab tech contaminated your sample, or finding that somebody has 'borrowed' your chemicals/equipment/lab bench/desk/girlfriend and waiting for them to return it.

Yep, its a bit frustrating.

O

I am trying to get some important documents in the post....have walked for ages to the local post office only to find....its been turned into a KEBAB SHOP since last week. Now must walk miles in another direction to another post office. Let's hope its not McDonalds now.

Y

More likely to be a Costa or Starbucks.

Very Simpsons.

O

Well, actually, as it turns out, the second post office is already something. Its in the basement of a BOOK STORE!!!!