Tips and pitfalls at UEA, Norwich

C

If you're considering UEA for Chemistry MSc/PhD, some tips about groups there:

In inorganic the best is Bochmann, author of many papers, books, and good supervisor. He's got an 300MHz NMR for his own apart from the university machines. He also has a crystalographer working for him.

Redshaw and Lancaster are also good choice.

In organic, I suggest the groups where you can find some English students like A. Cammidge and R. Stockman. These publish in good journals and have nice contacts with industry.

All second floor from the big group of A. Thompson like J. Butt, Le Brun, etc are cool for you who might be interested in biology-oriented project. They work with proteins and the lab is very well funded and equipped.

If you are looking for more material kind of group with bio applications, the best options are D. Russel and the newcomer to institution T. Nann

Hope this helps

We've had to remove the negative comments from this post as they refer specifically to individuals.

C

As they deleted some of contents of my message and prevented my right of expressing my opinion, I can add to message basically to avoid all other groups in Organic chemistry. Don't just go by the number of publication and nice website. This is just appearance, a trend that is not longer like that at the moment/future. On a day-to-day basis, it's too different...