Today has not been a waste because....

K

Good thread :-)

Today I:

-got up early
-didn't check my exe's facebook page once 8-)
-sorted some things out for a conference
- had a mini breakthrough with an article I've been struggling to write since the beginning of time

K

Ok, scrap number 2! But I did make it to 10pm :-)

S

today's been a slow one...BUT, let's not get bogged down with those negative vibes...

*Got ~200 words written
*found out the foreign commonwealth office will let me go to Thailand now (i'm going to a conference there in a few weeks)
*made a to do list to get myself organised for Thailand

I think I’ve run out of steam this week, so…

* i'm about to call it a day; go home; have a strum and a sing song on the guitar

Thanks for comments about my love-life, you’re right Slizor, I need to stop need being a coward and grow a pair

W

Today has not been a waste because, I'm about to listen to a new audiobook, do some sums and draw some graphs on my computer. Then I'm going to formulate a powerful argument for the way I have handled my numbers. Oh, and then I'm going to make some notes on some stuff.

J

What a nice idea for a thread!

Today has not been a waste because...

I have finally unpacked my suitcase from last weekend,
I have written 200 words of my msc thesis (its a start anyway)
Im on my way to the lab now to do some final bits and pieces

and ... i bought a lovely dress for my bday in a few weeks time:-)

Great thread Teek (up)

Today has not been a waste for me as I:
**Finally started my hospital treatment that will be ongoing for the next 2-3 months
**Discovered the delivery that I had been hunting down for a few days was actually already in the lab as somebody else signed for it
**Made a plan for work for the weekend
**Managed to clock up an hour of cycling between the hospital, office and home

Hmm now I'm really clutching at straws :$ I've gotten v little done this week but the thesis plan is becoming clearer. Here's to a productive weekend for everyone who needs to spend it working (sprout)

Hey Ev, good luck with the hospital treatment, I hope all goes well for you.

Today has not been a waste for becasue

1. I have been to payroll to sort out my pay, almost there.
2. I finished my re-draft and am priniting it out now at a teaching uni - a small stepin the grand PhD scheme of things, but a huge one for Eska.
4. I wrote back to a nice lady who contacted me after the PG symposium I went to.
3. I am going for a good old end of year booze up with my mates from my other teaching uni tonight.

Gah. Okay, I haven't achieved much on the PhD today, but I will be positive!

Today has not been a waste because:

* I remembered to send my Dad a Fathers' Day card and present
* I gave good advice to a Masters student whose dissertation I am supervising
* I was comforting and reassuring to my sister who was crying on the phone to me for ages about her horrible nasty husband....
* My other half is cooking me dinner tonight!

And in between I have actually managed to get some work done!

J

I've just had a reply from a US national park offering to set up some rangers and managers for me to talk to on my forthcoming research trip / holiday :-)

(Good end to a very long and tiring day spent in undergrad degree boards)

J

Despite spending most of the day suffereing from an anaphylactic shock last night, I have managed to submit an article to a journal :-)

S

Hope you're ok! well done you :-) My day has been a total waste work-wise, but I've had fun playing mario on the Wii with my little one and giving her some time, visiting my parents and spoiling hubby, so not a waste, a good day off - I don't have them very often and I think its important :-)

W

Heck, jepsonclough. I hope you don't mind me being nosey but what was the cause of it? Today has not been a waste for me because I have removed any excuse I have for not getting on with writing my chapters. I've analysed my data to death and my questionnaire is finished. Well, as far as any questionnaire can ever be finished...which is never.

S

...must...be...positive...

*got another 200 words written, plus a table
*got a plan of things to do for tomorrow - more writing and admin stuff
*got emailed an R script i have been waiting weeks for
*went to two talks at an (internal) student symposium this morning
*booked my car in to get the Aircon fixed
*arranged a dinner date with girly :$

...that wasn't so hard...

I went to the gym and have marked the start of hopefully a new fitness regime!!

J

Quote From walminskipeasucker:

Heck, jepsonclough. I hope you don't mind me being nosey but what was the cause of it?

Don't mind peoplel being nosey at all! I wish I knew. I suffer from severe allergy to strawberries (fairly easy to avoid but carry an epipen) and have had anyphylactic shocks triggered by other fruits or combinations (and even mulled wine). I think it might have been some tomatoes or a combination of fruit / salad vegetables. I had enough warning that my husband could get my antihistamines and give me a mega dose. Didn't need to use the epi en this time.