Tragic end to my PhD life

S

I came to know recently that I will not be able to continue my PhD. I have completed 21 months in my project and it is a collaboration work with other university. My Prof decided to fail me to go to the next stage due to lack of funding and also problem with collaboration. I have a good relation with my Professor though, but it did not help me in anyway. She decided me to give Masters in 'research' degree, but i already own masters degree in molecular biology. With two masters what will I do?

I would like to know that, can I ask for MPhil degree or can i carry these credits and continue my Phd in other university? I do not want to spend 3 more years again for PhD. There must be some way to get my PhD. I am shocked and heart broken. Any suggestion will be much appreciated. Thanks !

D

Hi Scorpio,
Sorry to hear what has happened
Is there anyway you can carry on the project part time? Or change it so it doesn't have to be a collaboration?
It seems really unfair that you are being failed due to something which seems to be no fault of yours.
Who is in charge of research students in your dept? I would ask for a meeting with them and your supervisor to discuss your options.
Sorry not to have been of more help!