Turned on by new software.....I must be losing it

D

Ok sitting here in state of near arousal thinking about the new software I ordered last night, nuance dragon naturally speaking, with bluetooth headset and dictaphone....I can't wait to get my hands on its lucious wrapping and caress its user guide.........this could be the futre of transcription you know...this could save me thousands...or it could be a really damp squib...ohhh the tension is killing me.....

U

so you'll be getting a virtual girlfriend next, then a virtual wife, having virtual sex, and virtual babies.

haven't computers made the world a wonderful place

D

wayyyyyy ahead of you hehehehe !!!!!

C

There isn't a shocked or slightly disturbed icon, or I'd use it...!
he he he.

B

Before you get too excited... bear in mind that you'll have to teach the Dragon to 'think'... and 'speak'... *chuckle* Good luck with that!

This is what comes of trusting in machines... the above in simple Chinese:

在您得到太激动... 之前记住, 您将必须教龙' 认为'... 并且' 讲话'... * 微笑* 好运气与那!

Retranslates as:

Obtains in you too excitedly... before remembers, you will have to teach Long ' to think '... and ' to speak the '... * smile * good luck and that!

D

heheheheh you never know it may actually improve the content of my thesis!!!! although "the respondent panted heavily whilst I pressed hard on the buttons" may get me in front of the ethics committee.....nuance promised me that dragons uniqueness is in that you don't have to teach it to recognise your voice...I too remain sceptical of this (and I was rather looking forward to reading alice in wonderland to it!!)

D

Well been using it now for a couple of weeks and am pleasantly surprised at its accuracy so far. Minimal training and set up so even a computer idiot like me could manage it. Being able to transfer direct from dictophone is handy means I can dictate notes rather than look silly as I scrabble around for paper and pen when inspiration hits. Still quite slow but once I know the different commands I can see it being very speedy. Great for dictating passages out of books too....and its spelling is a damn sight better than mine...a cautious 7/10 so far!!