Unemployed postdoc

Goos one!

Well done Dr. P... now you can also ask to look at the reference ;)

J

Hi Drpurple,

congratulations! Enjoy your success!

I recently got rejected after interview once again... I count 5 rejections so far. and the advertised postdoc positions for my discipline are so rare. i will throw a big party once i secure a position! Hopefully this day will come.

Z

Woot woot!!! Good job DrPurple :D

C

Quote From Drpurple:
Hello :)

I'm pleased to say I was successful with the nhs psychologist position :) 2 year contract which leads to chartered psychologist status. Over the moon :)

Wow congratulations. What is the job, it sounds interesting.

D

Thanks everyone :)

Not sure ive got the strength to see that previous reference :(

Assuming everything goes well with the pre employment health and criminal checks (please no further problems!!) I'll start this position early next year. Instead of all the unreliable placements over last year, this position will enable me to fully complete my professional training :)

http://www.nes.scot.nhs.uk/education-and-training/by-discipline/psychology/training-psychologists/training-programmes/health-psychologists-in-training.aspx

In the meantime, I'm trying to finish these piles of publications :) one accepted for publication, one r&r submit now these others to submit. Onwards :)

H

Quote From Drpurple:
Thanks everyone :)

Not sure ive got the strength to see that previous reference :(

Assuming everything goes well with the pre employment health and criminal checks (please no further problems!!) I'll start this position early next year. Instead of all the unreliable placements over last year, this position will enable me to fully complete my professional training :)

http://www.nes.scot.nhs.uk/education-and-training/by-discipline/psychology/training-psychologists/training-programmes/health-psychologists-in-training.aspx

In the meantime, I'm trying to finish these piles of publications :) one accepted for publication, one r&r submit now these others to submit. Onwards :)

Well done on the accepted publication! Go you :-)

Also, that professional practice course looks super fantastic! Very well done indeed!

E

I am in almost similar situation now and sooo happy to read your post.. I hope everything went well for you