Upcoming vivas

B

Thanks Poppy. Yes it all being over (barring corrections/resubmission/whatever!) come April is a very good thing to hang on to. I was hoping to have my viva in March, so am glad it will be.

Jateet: how's your viva preparation coming on? Any more tips/ideas to share. Good luck for the last few weeks.

J

======= Date Modified 10 Mar 2010 23:16:45 =======

Hello!!
I am really happy for you so we will be having our vivas in close dates!
I am about to finish my thesis and then will start to prepare the generic questions

I got two tips from my supervisor when I met him yesterday:
1- doing a review on the examiners' publications
2- having with me in the viva an up-to-date article in the field to look good in front of the examiners and to show that I am still updated and did not quit researching about the field after submission.

I am having a mock viva two days before the real thing. My supervisor tried to clam me down as I m not having good sleeps these days.

Today bought the viva suit
8-)

I think that's it about me!;-)

B

Ah viva suit. I'm female, so it's slightly different. And I'm probably going to be using a wheelchair on the day (and self wheeling), so something practically comfortable is rather important. Will give that some thought.

Good luck with the mock viva. And good tips again. My external has a book out I've put an order in for, but goodness knows if I'll get it in time. None of the local libraries have copies. Well I tried :p

J

Mine has a recent book which I will be reading parts of next week or few days before the viva

Good luck with the preparations now ;-)