Upgrade balloons!

H

Lovely to see such positive news! Well done! :-)

K

Well done 'Bug' ;-):-) xx

W

Very well done. :)

R

Incredible performance phdbug,

great to hear that you've received such positive remarks, the actual PhD and also the prizes.

You should be very proud and really celebrate your success!:-)

P

Thanks all.

Received my first real disappointing news yesterday. A major schol didn't work out, after I made it through all the rounds and the last 70 of 600 or something. I had a great interview too...

Even with the work, and other schols, it's not enough. 13,000 quid tuition every year plus rent plus bills.

Anyway, now's the moment to tell myself I win some, I lose some, and I get tougher :-)

Onwards!!

H

Well done 'bug; shame about the bad news but the original post is truly awesome
Congrrats!

S

Congratulations!!!!!!!
love always satchi

S

well done, great news (i'm ignoring the tiny bit of not so good news...!) ;-)

hopefully this will be me tomorrow, i have my upgrade viva at 10am....

P

Hey- well done!! sounds like you've got some excellent feedback and other stuff- ie money! That's pretty impressive stuff if you've had no corrections!

Happy celebrations (and you should celebrate!) I was a little unwell after my results of my upgrade- so really didn't celebrate!

I nearly burst into tears (with happiness) when my supervisor said I passed following my upgrade report(considering that I failed first time round). I'm not sure what would have happended if I failed with a 80,000 word upgrade report (with integration of all of my supervisors requests plus much more) at the end of my second year!- But I passed thats the main thing! It is such a nice feeling to be upgraded (I remember it well!).

Well done again! xxxx

P

Thanks much, it hasn't been that smooth for some others this year and it could have been bad for me too, so I'm just thankful!

Smoobles, we have our supervisors in the viva, usually as mute spectators, sometimes backing up the student, but mine actually questioned me!!

Do not worry, (I was petrified), all they want to see is a person confidnet enought o be totally engaged with what they are doing, yet flexible enough to be open to suggestions. Hopefully it will be more of an intellectual conversation rather than an interrogation.

But if it is the latter, try to stay calm and wait for it to end without saying anything you will regret later. And do not try to revise anymore!

R

Sorry I'm a bit late reading this, but that's excellent news, Bug!! You've worked SO hard since you started that you really deserve this result! That feedback is amazingly good, hope you're really pleased with yourself and take a well earned break now. It's so nice that you got the other news about your fieldwork in the same day too. It bodes *rather* well for the future, I'd imagine, and you don't have to be Mystic Meg to think that!

(up):-)(up)

P

Quote From rubyw:

Sorry I'm a bit late reading this, but that's excellent news, Bug!! You've worked SO hard since you started that you really deserve this result! That feedback is amazingly good, hope you're really pleased with yourself and take a well earned break now. It's so nice that you got the other news about your fieldwork in the same day too. It bodes *rather* well for the future, I'd imagine, and you don't have to be Mystic Meg to think that!

(up):-)(up)

Thanks Rubyw :-) What a lovely note! I'm writing a paper now, to present at Amsterdam 1st july. But it's with sup, so not tooooo worried :-) I had a little bad news about some other funding just after the lovely upgrade day, but anyway, moving on!!