upgrade report -arghhh

J

I am currently avoiding writing my upgrade report. It has to be 5000 words long and in by the start of October. I don't know where to start. How is everyone else getting on with theirs?

T

I'm meeting my supervisor this morning to go through a draft so I can tell you how well/bad I'm getting on in a few hours!

J

when does yours have to be in?

T

Any time between June-October. I have a date of mid-end of September that I'm aiming for; was hoping to get it in sooner but fieldwork dates, analysis issues and conference preparation have all got in the way a bit.

I'm a bit worried because you have to write 5000 words did you say? I'm hitting 17000 at the moment :S

Good luck with yours.

J

oh my god thats a lot. I'm worried now. My supervisor just came to see me and told me i need to get it in by the end of august now because he messed up on his bit. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!

J

so is it just me and the coastman suffering with upgrade reports? Has everyone else done theirs?

H

Me too, my lit review (part of it) is alone 10,000.

I should have at least 100 pages of amazingness

Have been writing it up as I go along, so its a case of tidying up, adding bits I've missed and writing up the most recent work I have done. I want to get a draft out by the end of this month.

Do you guys have to get it bound?

J

I don't know noone has mentioned that

B

Hi all. My report has to be 30 pages long (1.5 spacing) so I guess it would work out between 12,000 and 15,000 words if I were to guess. It has to be in at end of august. I haven started yet!!! I have been gathering all relevant info etc. I have a report plan and will start writing today. So, I think that should re assure you all that you are in a better position than myself.

J

i feel a bit better now thank you.

J

i handed in mine last week, which could have been better.......ah well, life goes on. working on my next chapter. i really got bored writing the lit review all year round.

J.