Urgent help required from current PhDs

D

i am from Pakistan.I am planning to apply for PhD in a Malaysian university and these days i am working on my research proposal which is required by the university. I already have the topic but I am really confused about one thing. I will explain my confusion by an example. Suppose my topic is about “domestic violence”. Will I carry out my research on “domestic violence in Pakistan” or “domestic violence in Malaysia”.That’s just an example.I am stuck what country would I mention,if I have to mention at all.Please help..thanks alot :-)

D

please help me...

D

Hi

why don't you do a comparison between the 2 countries?

S

Don’t bother mate, it doesn’t matter though. You can do your research related Pakistan or even Malaysia, as long as your supervisor is happy to guide you. I had come across many theses at UK, which were related to wherever the students were originated from. What matters most are that , you go to the research website of the particular university that you are applying, and check out what are the required items to be covered on your proposal such as original contribution, how would your research change the perspective of the research matter, …etc.