valentines - appropriate gifts for a guy/gal you don like so much

P

Jojo it sounds as if you mean it kindly & I often send V-cards and do silly things for mates on the 14th as well, so it becomes about love, rather than lurve of the Barry White kind. So I understand where you are coming from.

However, in this situ I think it would be kinder/safer not to get this guy a gift as when a person likes someone they will read something into nothing if it helps to believe the feeling is mutual. He will make an analysis, and think the gift is more meaningful than it actually is unless you buy absolutely everyone you know a book.

S

Even if this guy does know how you feel, a present sends mixed messages. There is not such thing as a half-hearted vally day present because, even if its crap, just the sending of a present makes a statement.

C

That's absolutely true. Giving him a present would give him hope even if you do not see it that way. I would say no present at all would improve his vision as to the current state of things.

A

eeewww! Valentine's is for lurve. exchanging pressies with someone you don't want to exchange bodily fluids with is weird, like me giving my brother a valentine's day pressie, no it's yukkie.

though as i dont have anyone to lurve i think the whole thing is a conspiracy of the gift industry.