visiting phd student from italy

B

hello!
I'm a new phd italian student.
I post here for a question: do you know any london university who can offer to me a chance as visiting phd student? I'm attending at first year phd in economy and market rights at Università del Salento (Italy). Interest field: corporate governance & securities markets regulation.
does somebody know the possibility of an agreement (convention) between UK and Italy? I know that there is this possibility for many europe's universities.
Thank you so much for helping me!

T

Try london Metropolitan University; www.londonmet.ac.uk

M

Depending on which department you're aligned to - LSE and QMUL both offer visiting research places. In the case of LSE, the fee is quite high.

B

Thanks a lot
I'm looking for an opportunity known as Joint Doctoral Degree (in french, Cotutelle).
I just want to know if there is this opportunity among UK and Italy.
I attend at the first year of Phd in "Economy and market rights": so I'm looking for Law Department.

M

I do not know of any joint doctoral programmes between Italy and the UK (particularly in law). Generally, PhDs just involve one university in the UK, although a second supervisor might be allocated from another university. If you want to use another university, you normally obtain a visiting researcher/fellowship position.

With respect to law, both LSE and QMUL (probably SOAS, KCL, and UCL will also have visiting opportunities) offer visiting opportunities (I think!), and both have an interests/experts in corporate governance/securities markets.