Viva on Friday and found major mistake

H

My viva was 2 hours 15 minutes and I can honestly say it was enjoyable. I was so nervous prior but there really wasn't any need. The examiners were fair, helpful and challenging. They did spot the error but said it was minor and just meant reinterpreting the figure for one page. Luckily that error didn't feed into any of the key findings. I have minor corrections to do in the next 3 months, including re-structuring my intro. I still have some way to go, but when they said congrats Dr I was thrilled.

For those of you who are approaching the big day I would give you this advice. Be passionate, be confident and highlight all the things you think are positive about your work. Don't wait for them to ask. Every thesis has weaknesses, they genuinely don't expect perfection. Most importantly enjoy the experience and if you can have fun with it.

H

Congratulations! I'm very pleased to hear it wasn't as big an issue as you'd feared.

You may have to change your profile name to something more appropriate now Doctor!

W

Well done Dr :)

M

A huge congratulations! well done

H

Thank you for all the congrats!!

I feel so light, like a massive weight has been lifted. So excited to be starting a new chapter of my life :)

Good luck to anyone facing their viva soon and keep pushing on to all those struggling with their PhDs at the moment, you'll get there!!!

Thank you for sharing with us this positive and encouraging experience!! And tons of congratulations, Dr.!!!! :-)