Viva tips/experiences thread?

S

Having just read Tractorgirl's thread about her viva experiences, it occurred to me that it might be useful to have a viva tips/experiences thread that is pinned (I don't know the correct term but you know what I mean) like the general tips thread. What do you think? It is an important part of the process and I knew very little about it before having to go through it. It could also include any tips or experiences for those of us who don't get a pass/minor corrections on the first attempt. For example, I assumed that I'd failed when I was given a re-submit because nobody bothered to explain the process to me and I was too embarrassed to ask questions because I felt like a failure. I found plenty of info here but it would have helped to have this all in one place.

While I'm here I wanted thank you for all the congratulations, it was very much appreciated. :-)

D

Many congratulations and I'm sure you're glad it's all over. Very good idea as well and I hope it's acted on.(up)

M

Sarah, I agree. There are so many of approaching our viva soon and it's also the type of subject lots of new posters would come on here to talk about..an 'official viva thread' would be very helpful.

Congratulations again!

L

I agree that's a very good idea!

J

so are you going to start a new thread? or shall we just continue on this one!?

A

Good idea to make this a sticky. My viva is next week and I'm scrolling through all the old threads now for tips.