viva tomorrow - any advice please

fluffymonster, your viva is soon too isn't it? How do you feel? Thanks for the info about viva workshop by the way. Was it provided by your University, or an external thing?

F

Hi 404, mine is in 6 weeks. I am not sure my info was that useful, Kronkondile offered some great advice. I am starting to get a little scared!

Sorry for the hijack anothercathy, I hope you are still out celebrating and that is why we ahve not heard from you.

A

Phew I passed! It was actually really good. They put me at my ease immediately and were really friendly in their approach. It was long (3 hours!) but they kept telling me that they were really enjoying the discussion, so that was nice. Despite the fact that I found about 3 million typos in it, they had only noticed one or two, and the corrections I got were really minor.

Good luck all the rest of you and let me know if you want any help for yours!

great news . Congratulations. But you cannot get rid of us that quick. You have to tell us more.

D

Goodluck!! I asked a couple of my friends to meet me before hand and wait with me until they called me in. It really calmed my nerves, especially as one was male and really fit and gave me a kiss - I went in with a big smile on my face!

Also, remember that you will only probably be nervous in the first ten minutes or so, you then just settle into it. I actually forgot sometimes that I was in my viva, it seemed more like a slightly scary chat

F

Yay, well done Anothercathy, that is fantastic news . I have just posted a topic about preparing for mine and it would be great if you could add some input.

I am really pleased it was a positive experience for you also, it is easy simply to hear the horror stories.

Well done you.

A

Are you all from the UK by the way or is this an international forum? I only found it because i put "viva panic" into Google!!

F

I think most of us are from the UK, but we have some international members.

K

Hey that's brilliant news! many congratualtions

A

Well done, great news!!