Walminski's Writing Up Thread

W

Just done another 500 words, so nerrr, stupid thesis.

W

Okay, so far I've made a bit more progress. I'm going going to eat now and then get back to it. (up)

W

Right, written up the second results chapter in pen. Will now need to type it up and stick in some tables. Maybe, I'll get most of it done by the end of today, but hopefully should have it typed up by the end of the weekend.

P

Good for you.

One whole week has passed and I haven't done any writing - too busy working full-time. Tut tut. Trying to rewrite a chapter now.

W

Well, a first draft of my second results chapter has been done. I really don't like it but I'll e-mail it off before the night is out. Meh!

C

Good luck Wally!

W

Sent. Now time to wind down for 20 mins before sleep.

W

Right, must start writing the first draft of the third and final results chapter. I hate doing my work like this because, come the next supervisory meeting, I'm going to have an awful lot of corrections and re-writes to do I'll bet.

W

Done about 1,000 words on the third results chapter so far. I hope I can maybe get most of it drafted by the end of the night. It's not too bad because I'm just describing results from quan data analysis, so 20 % this way, significant difference that way - and so on. Pfff....

W

Got one of my results chapters back. My supervisor likes it, so that's one less thing to worry about. I'm hoping to finish off my last results chapter tonight. God knows if I'll do it. I was up till 3 am last night having to redo some silly calculations in order to write it. And I'm really, really tired. Back to it now - the lost has to be done and handed in by Xmas.

L

Wow Wally, you're a machine. If you're done, feel free to do some work on my thesis ;-)

I'm progressing slowely. I think I have a finished version of my lit review done (my sup migh not necessarily agree with me) and am now restructuring my first chapter. Which I hadn't looked at for about 2 years. Let's just say it needs some work...... I've cut half of the essay I put in that chapter (essay took me lots of effort to write) because it doesn't really fit anymore.... So for tomorrow more restructuring and more rewriting, although the rewriting isn't that much or that difficult.

Well, let's just say, it's nearly (???) Christmas and then the worst will be over......

W

Hi Livvie, I have to confess I have one mighty motivating factor: no sodding money. My finding has ended, so I have to get it done. There's no way, realistically, that I'm going to be able to work full time and carry on with this.

P

Quote From walminskipeasucker:

Hi Livvie, I have to confess I have one mighty motivating factor: no sodding money. My finding has ended, so I have to get it done. There's no way, realistically, that I'm going to be able to work full time and carry on with this.

Nothing quite like a funding powered ticking clock. I'm almost at that point. One payment left so it's a race to get things done whilst I can afford to. It's amazing how much you can get written that way!

W

Well, didn't finish it tonight - but there's always tomorrow. It's too late to start making data tables now, because I'll only pay for it tomorrow if I'm up dead late.

W

The day becomes even more weird. I've got my second results chapter back and my sup likes that one as well. What's going on? I never usually get off so lightly when I hand something in to them. I'd better get my third results chapter handed in while they're going through this 'phase'.