What are you doing right now?

T

I am low on productivity too :(

Currently I have open on my computer; hotmail, outlook mail, facebook (x2 somehow), and of course findaphd...... suddenly it seems clear why I'm not getting any work done!
But I did have cake today, awesome chocolate cake.

I just sold one of my vintage Vogue magazines for a tenner on ebay... only 39 left to go. Hurrahh! I am a successful business woman. I'm also procrastinating because I need to clean my flat (someting whichh does nt come naturally to me) so that it looks pretty for potential swappers; I'm trying to do a home swap.

J

I am avoiding preparing for the next class I'm teaching whilst supping my yummy coffee.

I'm also considering finishing a chapter today, but finishing on monday will suffice :-)

J

i've decided to concentrate on my thesis after doing some more reading to improve a publication only for the editor to tell me that he's 'wary' of publishing my work because most of the issues in there have been resolved in developed jurisdictions. so what, does that make them irrelevant if a country somewhere hasn't resolved them?!

taking a five minute break and getting on with my thesis. :-)

E

Before I went to sleep last night I made this fantastic schedule for today: reading a few papers, prepare a first draft for a conference and transcribe 2 interviews. BUT instead I woke up with a terrible toothache (it is Friday the 13th, isn't it???) and I had to visit the dentist and since then I am on pain killers which don't seem to kill my pain!!!!!
So......everything is going to be done tomorrow!!!!

J

teeth can be really painful. get well soon Emmaki!

I'm thinking that I may need to start an accountability thread for my housework. Would that be appropriate? Did Jane Bolker write a book about cleaning your house? I won't be able to get any work done until my pad's clean and tidy; but for now I have temporary domestic trashiness blindness, and housework phobia. I may watch an episode of 'how clean is your house?' there's a possibility that Kim could jump start me into action... only a possibilty though.

E

Ohhh Jojo thank you!!!!
Still in pain..........Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I am very angry with everything and everyone around me:-(:-(:-s

M

I'm nursing a hangover and staring at a stack of unread journal articles. I hate myself. Hope you all have a more productive day than I am bound to have.

M

I'm nursing a hangover and staring at a stack of unread journal articles. I hate myself. Hope you all have a more productive day than I am bound to have.

======= Date Modified 14 Nov 2009 18:52:26 =======
I just spent 40 quid on art! I got 4 miniature, and two large postcard sized, abstract oil paintings, all really beautiful. So that's three crimbo prezzies, a christening gift, my aunty's 65th birthday prezzie and a fabo art work for myyyyeeeeeeeee... Isn't payday wonderful.

O

literally--Laundry!!!! and about time!!!
and drinking my second cup of coffee
and trying to decide if I want to walk to the supermarket when my laundry is done...

S

I'm busy trying to entertain my 6 year old while hubby sleeps (he's on night shifts this week) and fretting big time as I HAVE to write today - I have 3 weeks til the submission of my upgrade paper and I'm an astonishing 1 page into it..... Ok, so most of the research is done (although still more to do) so I'm kind of getting there, but its a tough paper to write anyway, and not being able to work is just killing me. i'm waking hubby at 2pm so he can take over childcare duties, but until then I'm doing 50 piece disney princess jigsaw puzzles, chucking the washing in the machine and generally procrastinating til I can get on and work, then it will take me ages to get into it.... sigh..... as much as I love my life there are times I think it would be so good to still be young, free and single and able to work whenever you chose!

J

am taking the afternoon off. 8-) taking an hours nap. then preparing to meet some friends, am taking the evening off today then getting back to work tomorrow. yeah! for once am free. though i can't help but think of all i could be getting done. does that make me a workaholic?

I'm being very naughty and eating the second of the two sausage rolls I made this afternoon It was meant as an early evening snack for tomorrow when I'm out and about teaching and looking for a new home, but they're so nice I can't resist it: they're made from sausage meat, chopped apple and chestnuts, thyme and rosemary and are wrapped up in some puff pastry. Yum, yum, yum. Now I have confessed, so obviously the calories don't count.