What are you doing right now?

S

======= Date Modified 15 Nov 2009 18:32:18 =======
ooooh eska that sounds delicious!!!!!!! recipe please! :-)

Lol, I'm writing, well, as you can see I'm having a 2 min break, I deserve it. I've been working since 2pm lol - that's 4.5 hours on a Sunday pm while the rest of you are having an afternoon off and eating scrummy things ;-) I'm feeling quite pleased with myself, I have the intro pretty much in the bag now 1,247 words done - yay me :-) lol. I'm aiming to at least get a little way into the lit review section - its only brief as its covered in the main lit review for the thesis but sup likes me to include a bit that is pertinent to the chapter I'm writing - sigh - hate lit reviews, trying v hard to psyche myself to do it, but then decided to procrastinate here for a short while ;-)

P

I am eating crisps dipped in cheese pretending it's dinner for I am too lazy to go out and buy dinner.

I am so lazy, I sit at my comp and look (yes, 'look') at a pack of cookies and dont want to move my bum to go get them and would rather pretend I'm not hungry.

Eska, now enough is enough. Give me a sausage roll. Period.

B

Watched Dr Who, after eating a Thai red curry meal, and drinking white wine. Definitely not doing any PhD stuff tonight!

S

Well, I had Sunday night off - lovely!! Cooked a nice Mexican dinner, watched a telemovie about Jane Austin, and woke up to a missing dog. Turns out she'd climbed the fence to visit her best doggie friend and had spent the night there - bad dog! Now she's home, looking sheepish, and is doing her proper dog duty keeping me company.

Am eating Vegemite on toast (yes, a stereotypical Aussie) and preparing to start a new phase of the thesis! Hooray!

I watched Dr. Who tooo. Oh dear, he's taken it too far this time; I hope his much younger replacement is as good as the wonderful Mr. Tennant.

The sausage rolls were inspired by a recipe on the web which I can't find. Here's what I did:

1.Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 - sorry don't know the electric.

2.Remove the skins of some good sausages and mix with chopped up apple and chestnuts to taste (I used two sausages with a quarter of an apple and two chestnuts) in a bowl along with some thyme and rosemary - fresh if possible.

3.Roll out some puff pastry to 0.5cm thick, and into rectangles to the width you want the length of your rolls to be, and long enough to wrap arounf your sausage mixture almost twice; or you can buy jus roll already rolled and cut it into shape.

4. Shape the sausage mix into sausage shapes, place them onto the rectangles of pastry and then roll the pastry around them. Seel by dabbing milk along the inside of the loose edge and press down.

5. Place the rolls on a baking sheet covered in a greased baking sheet with the pastry join side down. Cut a series of scores across the top edge and bake int the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.

Delicious!

Bug, you'll have to make your own...

S

Oooh, thanks Eska, guess what I'm going to be doing later ;-)

Well, its work today again, I'm sitting here psyching myself up to click on word and open my paper - I soooo just want to sit and do something else - heck even the hoovering is looking appealing, but I've got to get it done, sooner its done the better. So will be back later for a coffee break :-)

P

Quote From eska:

Bug, you'll have to make your own...

Poor bug. Bad Eska. :-(

I'm missing Dr. Who already, but pleased that my first years are coming along well. I'm also still putting off writing the book chapter application abstract I'm so frightned of.

W

I've just done some sums for my work and the numbers that come out are good ones, which I'm both very surprised and pleased at. So I think I'll have a beer and do a little dance whilst no-one is watching.

S

Lol Wally, you dance away :-)

Well I finished another section of my work today, went up to campus to get some books from the library, did the bedtime routine with the kids and now I'm sat here having read again the BdJ thread (firey!!) and have decided to get a nice cup of hot chocolate with kahlua in it (delicious - just heaven - you must try it) and go to bed rather than starting writing again - tbh I'm just too tired to carry on lol - I'll be better with a night's sleep and come to it fresh :-)

Still procrastinating 14 hours later :-s

May give up and have a nice glass of wine and watch some rubbish tv - sounding verrrry appealing right now!!

S

The short answer is drinking alone.

The long answer is drinking alone so I can ignore my first year flatmate who thinks a) he's a geneticist (two months in does not a qualification make) b) has more work to do than a PhD student c) that he is in any way likeable d) that I drink too much (you would if you had to live in a flat alone with him (bedbugs has reduced my flat from 5 to 2)) e) that he can demand any of my time because I'm a subwarden f) that Rustler burgers count as food (which offends my love of real food) g) that he isn't, at the heart of matters, a complete cunt. Plus, I'm far too broke to go out at the moment.

Ahh, venting is fun.

E

After spending a night full of study, because I had done NOTHING for a couple of days due to toothache (oh yes, terrible, terrible experience) now I am getting ready for another visit to the dentist (who happens to be my father, so he doesn't have any problem if he hurts me :p ) and then I have 2 interviews scheduled. I am very glad I managed to arrange these interviews, as teachers in Greece are not willing to participate in an interview, are not willing to be recorded and are not willing to speak their minds..... And that can be really un-helpful (is there such a word?) for me......:-(

I've just finished watching a repeat of the 2003 Bo Selecta Christmas special. Wasn't he hilarious? Oh, and I'm also hoping that a certain somebody around here gets bored of their attention seeking behaviour, surelt the smart thing to do would be to take up some exhibitionist hobby or get bit of CBT instead.