What Are You Researching???

T

My field is veterinary microbiology.. Looking at intestinal health in broiler chickens to investigate treating/preventing disease using diet and pre-/probiotics to reduce antibiotic usage in the food chain

H

If I told you, I would have to kill you

J

Chrisrolonski's sounds interesting; do you get to study loads of rich old eccentrics?

O

Goods, how about yours then?

BTW: the reason many may be reluctant is the narrow/specific nature of PhD studies. Once we name it, anonymity is gone and who knows, our supervisor may decide to read just this thread today...

B

^^^
What Otto said. I'm reluctant to say too much about my research because I quite like being anonymous. Not too frightened about my sup. looking on here though, not really his thing LOL.

I'm in Linguistics. Might leave it at that if you don't mind

P

I'm researching collaborative technologies in knowledge management, any other business subjects out there, I feel like I'm on my own!

Z

Hello, Tricky.

Which University are you studying for you Phd in Veterinary biology?
My friend,she also plans to study the major. So could you give some universities in UK?

Thanks.

A

new social movements, with an emphasis on activism occuring in public space (marches, demonstrations, pride parades and the like)

T

@ zfl200122

There are 7 universities in the UK that offer veterinary medicine as an undergrad course they are london, cambridge, bristol, liverpool, glasgow, edinburgh and nottingham (this only openned this year and so not as well established at the other vet schools). As for post-graduate degrees in veterinary science; there are many univeristies other than the above vet schools that research into aspects of animal health and disease so there are too many to list so scouting through phd studentships and such like would point in the direction of research areas of other unis. Hope that helps, let me know if you want to know anthing else

T

Check out the Royal Veterinary College too perhaps (though I think that's only Masters and PhD...)

I'm doing coastal stuff now, as the name implies. Did some animal epidemiology stuff before though (got to mess around with bubonic plague in the US wooooo....!)

T

The Royal Vet College is the London vet school its where I did my undergrad.. They do a good MSc in Veterinary Epidemiology (both an in-house and a distance learning version). As for PhD's there I have a feeling that the application deadline has passed, I believe it was early March.

I

what Otto and blueunderneath said - broadly behaviour/learning in mainstream education

B

The interaction between emotion and visual attention in normal folks and in psychos. Woo-hoo!

O

Interesting, Bobby. But how do you define "normal" and in which group do you see yourself?

O