What benefit Masters with Distinction?

D

Hi all,

I just wondered if there are any tangiable benefits of obtaining a Masters with Distinction?

I am halfway through (and have obtained distinctions up until now), but it takes me a LOT of time to obtain this mark, and family life has shortened my time.

Should I relax and just get an 'easy' merit or put the time in and get the Distinction? Is an MSc with distinction very rare?

Regards

C

What?

You're not making much sense to me. Anything worth doing is worth doing well. If i could get a distinction in anything, i would go ahead and go for it. Do not settle for less than you can achieve but still create the time to be with with your family, nothing matters more.

Best wishes.

P

Well I've narrowly missed the distinction for both of my MSc degrees. I think I'll always be kicking myself:( Go for the distinction! They are pretty rare...but are possible.

:D

L

i asked my course tutor the same question the other day, the answer was,

for the world of work, it doesnt really matter

for academia, its important as it increases your chances of find a place for further study.

and in my case, as i have a 3rd for my degree, if i want to do a phd, then a distinction is a must, without it then i might aswell forget it.