What do you do while you are waiting for a reply?

R

Have send in my (revised) research proposal about a week ago. I know this is not very long and one needs to have patience. On the other hand it is a bit of a waste of time. What do people do in these interim periods of time? I mean do you keep on reading or are you writing on another part of your research? Or just the opposite use it as time to relax. Is it worth writing (another) summary or to try and look at things from another angle? Would you consider to try and publish something?
Just interested how people schedule these episodes in a constructive way.

S

hi there read your comment and im guessing its all your thinking about and your checking your email all the time lol can i ask what are where u applied for?

R

Hi "Scotsman"

thanks for your reply. I doing my research in quality in medicine. Currently developing a questionnaire and waiting for a reply from my supervisor. The waiting holds me up, but there is not a lot what I can do for now. Yeah thinking a lot about this though!

What area of research are you in?

B

During interim periods ...

Go shopping for nice stuff for me, go home for a few days/catch up with friends, watch nonsense tv (so the brain can switch off), do bits of reading here and there ... remember, people usually have their 'AHA' moments when they aren't doing work - so it's good to stop for a bit and take some time off.