What do you have on your desk?

H

I have my computer, speakers, lamp, bookchair, note pad, book, papers, two pencil pots, keys, glasses, post-its, Billy Joel CD and a library card I keep meaning to put back in my wallet.
How about you?

S

No PhD desk! Got a laptop and a lap!

T

I have a desk.. but I dont like it.. I tend to sit on my bed and have my computer on my lap.. plus I can watch TV at the same time then

S

from right to left: computer, unread library books, CD player, printer, power tool (!), more books, papers and bags of circuit bits - resistors, capacitors etc

T

From left to right; a map, a lamp with no light bulb, a stapler, a mouldy coffee cup, my computer, some journal papers and a chicken samosa

A

I'm sharing a write u p area with several others. On the desk are: 6 dirty mugs + one spoon, a timer clock counting down from 3:46 and 53 sec, a calculator, 5 000 staples packet, opened, "the original MARVEL dried skimmed milk" carton containing pens, Wiley catalogue, seminarlist 2006, marker pen (yello) two pencils, a strip of lable stickers (uncurled), empty tin of " Allinson dried active yeast" 128g, two lab books, several post its, copy of Nature Methods, unopened, a MWG oligo synthesis report, none of which belongs to me.

.... and the papers I'm reading through.

I work from home, so my desk gets messier than it would in an office. Right now, I can't see what exactly on it, because of 1.5-litre empty Volvic bottles, lots of paper and print-samples I received from printers, covering everything else. Well, I can see the monitor, mouse and the keyboard because they stick out from the crowd.

C

I have a fifteen gallon fish tank with two goldfish in it. There is not much workspace. I might have to sort that out: looks like the fish are being downgraded to a smaller tank in place of useful things like....pens, and a computer...and books...lots of those...

P

In answering this question, I found the remote control (missing for 2 weeks) for the stereo which is located at the other end of the house!

M

Mess is the right word to describe my desk.

As I am preparing to leave soon to start my PhD I am collecting stuff to take. Mouthwash and handcream for example, also books to give back to people I might not see again, my lucky elephant and laughing Budda, digital camera, laptop, calendar with things to do before I leave marked, loads of printouts I want to reuse as paper for notes before I go and two ditry mugs, oh and half a cookie that has been on my dest for days and I am not planning to eat it.

All covered with dust.

D

I have my favourite mug on my desk, but my thesis in its ring bind folder just fell off the shelf and broke my favourite mug, so now it is in lots of different pieces. It was my 1918 WW1 peace mug!! 88 years old! Gutted!

D

Its ok for all of those concerned! I stuck it back together again with Tesco's superglue

H

My desk is messy but in the papers all over the place way. How can people leave dirty mugs on their desk, I would be sick.

A sausage sandwich

J

far left: files short notes made last week, packet of apple n raspberry juice, thornton's continental chocolate , lip stick, lip gloss, stationery.

middle: laptop, book that is supposed to be read today, desklamp, TV remote, bottle of water.

far right: unread books borrowed over 2 weeks ago, highlighters, usb, mobile phone.

J.