What is another word for "Thank you"?

S

"his poem"...H? You're in big trouble for that one!

BTW, you're not leaving us are you?

F

Good luck Piglet, it sounds as if you are on the final stretch.

A

Hi Sylvester- or do you prefer Sly??

No not really leaving- kind of doing nothing at the moment exept planing the bloody graduation ceremony thingy- 20 £ per ticket, plus the gown for 45 £ (and sexist questions about my "bust size") - if I'd known this I wouldn't have come to the viva. Oh, and 138 £ for binding 4 copies of my thesis.

So, I'm not going to hang around in cyberspace too much- or only to spend money online.

BUT I did forget you, Sylvester

so:

Last but not least I would like to fondly mention Slyvester, who was a great mate on this forum! Cheers!

H

anonGerman!!! I'm a SHE!

It was DanB's poem though...

S

Aww thanks AnonGerman . I'm used to being forgotten about - they forgot to award me my prize at my graduation ceremony and (sheepishly) gave it to me later. Grhhh.

Piglet: some new thank you's:
ta much
cheers mate
nice one geezer
you're a legend

anyone anything else?

P

I was thinking of just putting the little red symbol on the acknowledgement page. Tops chaps!

P

I was thinking of just putting the little red symbol on the acknowledgement page. Tops chaps!

P

Oops.

, yeah put that symbol and add "Cheers (you know who you are!)" text underneath. Everyone you know will assume it is for them

S

That's I really good idea Piglet (about the ). I want to thank the forum too, that would be a really nice cryptic way of doing it(until sup. says 'I don't think that thumbs up symbol looks very professional'...blah blah))

P

What happens here (Australia) is we submit spiral-bound copies of the thesis which get sent to the markers. Then, assuming we pass, we have to make the corrections they recommend, reprint the thesis and hard-cover bind that version for submission to the University library etc.

I thought when it came to the hard-cover versions (assuming I pass) I would just slip in a page with a little red thumb up on it right at the very end after the reference list and appendices. No one will notice and by the time they do, it will be hard-bound and it is too late anyway. My sup is pretty laid back - doubt he would mind, especially if I said it was something special to me. The only thing is, I don't know how to get the onto paper. Maybe 404 can help little luddite me?

S

Presumably right click on the image and save picture as jpg ??

P

You say that like I should know it already

P

Ah. Tried that and it doesn't work. It comes out as a reverse image of white thumb with red background. What now, Mr Smartypants?

S

Oh, I thought everyone knew that's how you save an image? I'll get 'me' coat....