What unis to aim for?

E

Where to aim with PhD universities with a first class honours BA and MA with distinction? BA is from good Uni of London university and MA from mediocre university. The field is Film/Visual Communication. Is there hope for Yale’s intimidating but interesting film course or is that out of my grasp? Any wisdom to share on what to aim for?

Much thanks!

O

You don't know if you don't try. Applying costs nothing, or relatively little. If you have interest, make the best case for yourself in your application and go for it!

J

My advice would be to do some basic background research into what a particular uni will offer you both in terms of your progress within the course and afterwards. Find out if their vision is your vision, and what the outside world thinks of their students. - I know Yale has a reputation for some things, but you have to be happy there too, three years is a long time to be wishing you had chosen somewhere else. Check how well the supervisors are respected, check on their work and see if you could work with them remember that they need you too!