When to include Acknowledgements?!

A

Hi everyone
I'm just wondering when I should include my acknowledgements in the thesis, before initial submission, or after the viva before my final submission?! I'm really unsure what to do!

C

Hi AQ.

How wonderful to be "worrying" about these details ( me too)  .. did you ever think you'd see the day :-)

In response, I have a view and i have no idea where from that the acknowledgements are added before final submission. As i say i have idea where i get this from.. but that is my plan. 

I guess there could be a miraculous super-hero who sweeps in to help between one and t'other and if you've written your acknowledgements.. well it could be curtains ;-)

Have a good day / week etc.  Chuff

C

Mine were put in on initial submission, i.e. before the viva. I'm pretty sure it was written in my uni thesis regs to do it that way :-)

C

Hi.

I take it all back (turkey) I just read my Uni regs. First submission thesis needs to be in complete form except the binding.

So thanks for the question AQ, and the answer Claudia.

Really must read rules

A

Thanks guys!
The uni regs I have for my thesis are literally 4 lines, we aren't even given a font size or type, just so long as margins and spacing are correct! There is nothing in them about the acknowledgments, but I think I'll include them at the start, most people I know have done so what the heck! :D

B

I was questioning the same thing these days.:-)