where are you or were you at 8 months?

H

As always any advice much appreciated!

My supervisory team is meeting this week to discuss my work so far, this is only my second meeting with both professors and my friendly third more technical supervisor has had to at the last minute send her apologies, but we net last week so she knows what I've been working on.

I have to send the two sups a document detailing my work so far, I have chosen to keep this fairly short and in a bullet format with a quick intro outlining what I have done in The last 4 months, (I spent 2 months reading and drafting a doc with ideas and a summary of current research but it is nowhere near being readable!), and then I have written my three areas of research as empirical questions with a detail of what I've done towards each area.

Which got me wondering and not a little paniced, What are people expected to have done by now? I'm always chasing my shadow as I worry so much I don't put enough hours in, and whenever I see my sup he just let's me tell him what I've been doing but never really asks for anything tangible. I do have to have carried out enough work to present at a conference early next year, that is all I've been told!

Many thanks!