Where do you want to go for a holiday?

W

Where would people like to go on holidays after the PhD? For a well-deserved and extended vacation?

Mine: Prague, Far East, Srilanka

Yours?

E

n e where...!

M

Titan, Mars, or the park near my house.

S

I am only in my first year, so cannot really look that far ahead, but this summer I am going to Santorini in Greece. After my PhD, i suppose I will want some really exciting holiday, perhaps somewhere like Hong Kong, New Zealand or Hawaii. But I would also like to travel across the USA, say drive from one side to the other, I think that would be a good experience.

S

I agree, Mars would be a good holiday, I hear that in the summer its really busy over there. Best stick to the local park if you want a quiet, relaxing holiday

H

Theres a few places that I havent been yet and dying to go, including S America (Peru to be exact - love to do the inca trails), Oz and New Zealand and for a nice relaxing holiday, the C'bean. The first two would require a long period of time for me to fully appreciate those places but C'bean is a possibility during the PhD :)

S

heres a little song from my violin Mia...

W

You might win the jackpot after the PhD, Mia!

and can I go with Neil to Peru. I have been to Eygpt - great place. I might go again at some point since I only spent 3 days there and it was incredibly rushed

- 1st day: Cairo
- 2nd day: Luxor
- 3rd day: Cairo and the river Nile.

:)

M

I dream of holidays before I even start a PhD...

Somewhere hot and sunny and with nothing to think or worry about, preferably 2 weeks or longer.

When I finish PhD I will be moving for longer to a warm and relaxing place. I promissed myself that ;)

S

You got to get on one before you start talking about finishing it!

W

I agree... you don't deserve a holiday if you have not started and suffered on the PhD!!! :)

They really ought to put smileys in here... I can't make a jocular comment without it looking like a serious statement.

D

I'd love to go to Eygpt too. Might do it for my birthday this year