Who has the highest number of references in EndNote?

W

Quote From sneaks:

I've got 1534 references - although my topic is HUGE. But I reckon I must have used a lot more - I have only just retreived my copy of endnote from my old house so have been doing without.

1534 references? If each reference consists of an average of 25 words that's...mmm...38,350 words just for references. Sneaks, I'm willing to bet that combined we've probably got most of the World's academic references. We could sell them, pre-typed, to the lazier undergrad students who can't be bothered typing out their own references and don't know about things like Endnote. Probably getting carried away now because I'll be wearing a suit for the first time ever tomorrow, but with my new found wealth, power and influence I could become a sinister and influential figure in academia called Evil Doctor Vancouver...

ooh good luck with the suit Walminski!

I don't think I'll be using all the refs - hopefully not anyway! There seems to be a problem with my endnote at the mo though, I've swapped computers, copied the library, but now the links to the pdfs don't work :-(

C

Not sure how many references were in my endnote, I've finished PhD and moved to different topic.

Counted the number of references in my thesis last night, came to 330, I think the number of references you have is probably more an indicator of field size than any great demonstration of commitment to the research itself. I suspect if I did a PhD in my current field I would struggle to reach 150 references as it's aa whole lot smaller.

true cakeman - my ref count is only that high because the area I'm looking at is also covered by sociology AND management AND a load of other areas.

T

Last time i counted and when i submitted my transfer report it was 200 but i guess it depends on how you write and whether you are careful in supporting everything you say with evidences or not, i do so i guess that is why i have too many refs.

E

I have 652 references, but I don't include books and book chapters (don't aski why, because I don't know why!!)