Who here lives in halls?

D

As houses are sooo expensive.

W

Houses expensive really im in Halls but at £85 per week!!!! Im not sure they are a cheap option an mine are pretty rubish too....would have lived in a house if I had time to sort it!

B

I lived in halls last year. I opted for the 'post grad' rooms. They were slightly bigger than the others & were £70 per wk. I couldn't wait to get out of there though. It was like being in boarding school. There were time curfews on coming in at night and leaving in the morning, not to mention restrictions on when you could use your car. What annoyed me most was that my friends were able to find rooms in houses / flats nearby for £30-40 per week. Sometimes I think uni's know that new people will go into halls and they take advantage in every way possible! Hope your experience is better! :)

R

I pay £95 a week

R

I live in halls, had the choice of moving to a house but felt it would be easier to stay in halls. After all, the student bar is nearly on my doorstep, and the canteen means I dont have to cook for myself (though I do have to pay someone else to do it for me). Ahh, what a life. Maybe I should never give up being a student.

D

I'm going to Lancaster to start my masters and I will be living in halls.

D

Is anyone else at/been or going to Lancaster. Is Postgrad halls different to undergrad ones?

W

Hmmm my halls are postgrad only too....room is large an en suite but a t £85 not cheap....and they are right in middle of a huge student area so although the halls are quiet the noise outside is hoorendous...in fact im begining to think of becoming a vampire....work at night an sleep all day could be answer to my woes!!!