who is the oldest memeber in this forum

Yeah, bug, I keep meaning to ask: why the sex change? Do you something important to tell us?

W

Quote From moonblue:

Turning the heating up involves lugging in more firewood (or using tomorrow's firewood now and bringing in more tomorrow morning in the snow). Hot water bottle will have to do. :-)

A log wood fire...how rustic and exciting. It must be like an adventure every day, going out to chop trees down, cutting up tree trunks to create fire wood - or I've been reading too much Treasure Island. Scientifically, wood fires are often much more efficient than gas fires and coal fires, also environmentally friendly, since sustainably managed wood sources are carbon neutral. It beats my carbon monoxide emitting, boring gas fire, which never tends to light.

W

Quote From eska:

Yeah, bug, I keep meaning to ask: why the sex change? Do you something important to tell us?

I've noted the sex change too. Bug, you're much more attractive with a female avatar, so I hope the procedure isn't permanent and can be reversed when convenient.

W

Quote From eska:

Bowie is more the man for me, ever since a very young age - kind of showing my age, although liking him was a bit retro then too.

David Flippin' Bowie? I hope I'm not being sacrilegious in saying this, but he's got cod eyes - they're like dead fish's.

Wally, they are, in fact , multi coloued: one is green and the other blue. Not cod like at all. Where's the whisky smilie????

S

Yes, and one is glass - so quite a dead eye! The multi-coloured eyes have always been one of his major attractions and sources of intrigue.

S

======= Date Modified 19 Dec 2009 21:27:40 =======
I think am the most confused or may be the most ... well i don't know, you judge.

you all lightened up my night and warmed my feet in this snow  ;-) (snowman)
Such a nice bunch of people here, your conversations made me laugh, i really needed that. I feel much better now.
i like your good sense of humour, unfortunately I don't know what to say, so I would just say thank you.:$:-x(up).

S

Eska, a friend of mine used to swear by Jack Daniels to help with the marking. Apparently, everything looks much better after a glass of JD. Personally I find the Stair Method works well - find a nice big staircase, throw the essays down the stairs and the ones that go the furthest get the best marks. Feedback is also easy "Your essay was too light and not aerodynamic." Easy ;-)

S

Quote From phdbug:

Moonblue, drink hot choco, then get in bed early tonight, with a book and a hot water bottle under the covers near your feet, and turn on the heating.

My routine every night, plus drops of lav oil on pillow!!:p

Me too! Couldn't do without my hot water bottle. And I have a lovely warm blanket to snuggle up with- bliss!!